The Guilds and Incorporation have existed in Exeter for nearly 600 years and have occupied Tuckers Hall since 1471. Both the Incorporation and the Hall have a remarkable story with a glorious and continuous history.

The wealth of Exeter in the mid 17th and early 18th centuries was created as a direct result of the woollen cloth trade in the city, controlled by the members of the Incorporation. On the back of this prosperity, many became Merchant Venturers and later Bankers.

With mechanisation and loss of overseas trade, Exeter's affluence waned along with the Incorporation's membership, declining significantly almost to the point of extinction. However, by adapting to the changing climate the Incorporation survived and since the Second World War has prospered with membership once again increasing and playing its part in the Civic life of Exeter.

The Incorporation is recognised as one of the few surviving established provincial Guilds with strong links to associated City of London Guilds.

May 2018 - May 2019

Master, Rupert Pratt

Head Warden, Ian Gardner

Under Warden, Nicola Baker