b_960_960_16777215_00_images_landscape__0004_School.jpgTuckers Hall has not always existed for the exclusive use of the Incorporation of Weavers, Fullers and Shearmen. In its past it has been used as a chapel, a storeroom and a meeting place for local Freemasons.

For many years its ground floor operated as a school room. Between 1675 and 1841 local children were taught elements of the cloth trade along with other industries. Then between 1875 and 1889 it was used by a nearby church as the venue for its Sunday School.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

History Links and Downloads